Would you like to do a course with us but cannot afford the course fees due to your lower level of income?
AOC Equity Scholarships offer financial help to students facing disadvantages which include the following categories:
- Financial hardship
- Regional or remote disadvantage
- Sole parent in receipt of Single Parenting Payment
- Disabled person in receipt of Disability Support Pension
- Long-term unemployed (in receipt of unemployment benefit for over two (2) years)
We will offer Equity Scholarships as part of a competitive application process. The application process is designed to gather sufficient information from applicants to determine which applicants meet the eligibility criteria.
Equity Scholarships applications will be assessed based on the information provided in the application and supporting documentation. Meeting the scholarship eligibility criteria doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be awarded a scholarship.
What will scholarship recipients receive?
Successful applicants will receive wholly subsidized online training in the course(s) of their choice. The Equity Scholarship will consist of a credit for value of one full course with us (*Not redeemable/refundable).
How to apply
To apply, you will need to provide the following information and documentation:
- An application letter (2 pages only), outlining your disadvantaged category (see above) and information about how your current circumstances have affected your education and career development. You will also need to discuss how receiving an equity scholarship will help you to achieve your personal and career goals.
- Scanned copies of the documentation relating to your disadvantaged category.
What documentation will I need to provide?
- Financial hardship (Photo Identification, Latest bank statement, Benefit Income Statement and Health Care Card).
- Regional or remote disadvantage (Photo Identification and proof of regional/remote address)
- Sole parent responsibilities (Photo Identification, Benefit Income Statement and Health Care Card)
- Disability (Photo Identification, Benefit Income Statement and Health Care Card)
- Unemployment (Photo Identification, Benefit Income Statement and Health Care Card)